måndag 1 september 2014

Challenge established patterns for "Implementing Change Powerfully and Successfully"

Today, 1st of September 2014, it was my new beginning. I will, from today and onward, call myself a social entrepreneur. I have founded DIVersity INITiative Sweden with the soul purpose to promote diversity and inform companies and organisations that it can and will be a factor in this competitive business world.

Wikipedia's description for social entrepreneurship is "Social entrepreneurship is the process of pursuing innovative solutions to social problems. More specifically, social entrepreneurs adopt a mission to create and sustain social value. They draw upon appropriate thinking in both the business and nonprofit worlds and operate in a variety of organizations: large and small; new and old; religious and secular; nonprofit, for-profit, and hybrid.
Business entrepreneurs typically measure performance in profit and return, but social entrepreneurs also take into account a positive return to society. Social entrepreneurship typically furthers broad social, cultural, and environmental goals and is commonly associated with the voluntary and not-for-profit sectors. Profit can at times also be a consideration for certain companies or other social enterprises."

In this new period, I am keen to get to know others and their initiatives. I am looking forward to pick their brains and learn more about their motivation and drivers. Mine is very simple, I have committed myself to find solutions which lead to more and sustainable jobs for young people and those whom run away from war and are here to create a new life for themselves. Taking on this humongous challenge can be overwhelming, I am very aware of that. Therefore I will be selective and try to find cooperation with companies and/or organisations that are curious and have an open mind when it comes to diversity.

When doing all this, I can help but thinking what Mel Gibson once said "It's a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day? I don't know about you, but I make plenty. You can't turn the clock back, so you have to look ahead." I hope to minimize the number for mistakes and deeply hope that such mistakes have effects only me. Learning from our mistakes is differentiate us from other beings, therefore I am asking now you a favor. If, oh sorry, WHEN I do A mistake, please be patient and break it to me kindly and gently. I would like to learn from it and hopefully I don't repeat that in the future, not often anyway. :-)

Another saying that I read the other day belongs to Edward de Bono whom once said "Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way." We need to be creative to find new solutions to this big challenge. If it was easily solved we would not hear about this in the news and media everyday.

I therefore am going to be in CHALLENGE MODE with the people I meet so that we can together look that things in a different matter that the established patterns. Will be enough? Certainly not. How do we achieve change and get any measurable results then? Let me finish this post with sharing with you Kotter's 8-Step Change Model for Implementing Change Powerfully and Successfully;

  1. CREATE URGENCY
  2. FORM A POWERFUL COALITION
  3. CREATE A VISION FOR CHANGE
  4. COMMUNICATE THE VISION
  5. REMOVE OBSTACLES
  6. CREATE SHORT-TERM WINS
  7. BUILD ON THE CHANGE
  8. ANCHOR THE CHANGES IN CORPORATE CULTURE

I was a lot of impressions for me today, so I am going to stop here. Hope you find this post interesting. Pls share your views with me and everyone else with your comments.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar